Story: Frank Was a Monster Who Wanted to Dance by Keith Graves
– Foam: green, white, black, orange or blue
– Straw (to use as ‘bones’ to give structure to the pant legs and arms)
– Yarn (for puppet strings)
– Doll Rod – Puppet handle
– Wooden Clothes Pin (to be able to release secondary string attached to head)
– Various fabric for clothes (shirt and pants)
Participation Age Range: 3 to 8 years old
Method: As story goes on, Frank the Monster loses various parts of his body- including his head- in his quest to dance to the beat.
Storyteller pulls various body parts off: ear, eye, hands, legs, mouth, legs, then finally the head. As this story is not intended to be frighting, it is important to play up the humor and laugh along as “Frank” hears the music and he simply must dance.
Themes: Music, Movement, Dance, Monster, Halloween, “Z” (for Zombie)